Friday, April 8, 2011

The Foot (well the toe)

So on Friday April 1 I decided that I wanted to see what it was like to have a broken toe, no joke. While going to the stairway to keep a baby from going down the stairs my right foot, specifcally my pinky toe, decided it wanted to meet a bookshelf. They met and it hurt. Erin siad "sounds like you broke it." I told her that I didnt but i jammed it good. A few minutes later I shifted my wieght to get something and there was instant pain. I just figured that it would be sore the rest of the night. Before I went to my room I looked down at my foot and I could see a little bit of bruising start to show, I had to take a picture. This was probably about an hour after the actual incident.

Saturday morning the bruise had gotten bigger but there wasn't that much pain, yet.


This is Saturday afternoon. It looks bad because I had been walking on it for a while.


This after about an hour and a half of walking.


This is what it looked like Satruday night. By now everyone that had seen my foot said that I broke my toe, but I don't think that I did. The rest of the night and most of the day Sunday I had my foot elevated & iced to help with the swelling.


By Monday the bruise had spread a little more; it was now under four of my toes but the bruise did not hurt at all.


This one was taken either Tuesday or Wednesday night and the bruise was all up the one toe and my pinky toe is just swollen.That is the progression of my "broken toe". I don't think that I broke anything just really really jammed it. My pinky toe is still swollen and there is still a little bruising and still a little swollen. I am trying to keep it elevated and not walk on it to much but somethimes I just have to move because I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happened to me too! I don't think it's broken either :)